R. Dr. Francisco Sá Carneiro
Zona Industrial de Bouro - Letra C
4740-010 Esposende, Portugal
To establish guidelines and principles for sustainability in the development of our products, making explicit our commitment to life first and our social, environmental, and economic responsibility.
The Sustainability Policy of ChemiTek is available for consultation, in order to support our claims with concrete actions, to help define the company culture, to distinguish ourselves in an industry that is in many ways not very green, and to give visibility to the company.
At ChemiTek we see Sustainability as a strategic factor and inseparable from the development of our Company and Business. Our commitment is endorsed at the highest level in the company and is reflected in several national and global initiatives to which we have subscribed over the years, and to which we remain faithful, such as the creation of biodegradable products for application, not only but also in 100% renewable energy production equipment.
All the initiatives we embrace have underlying principles and commitments of responsible action, in the ethical, social, and environmental dimensions.
We believe that only socially responsible companies that work proactively to combat climate change and to develop inclusive, fair and diverse communities create prosperity for all stakeholders.
As a key element in the maintenance and cleaning of solar panels, a way to produce 100% renewable energy, we play a key role in promoting more sustainable practices, with the ambition of making the world a greener place, where respect for the environment begins with the creation of biodegradable chemicals that are not harmful.
ChemiTek's contribution is based on a responsible management and governance structure in which a culture of meritocracy, diversity and inclusion, recognition of individual value, and continuous development of our talented base of professionals who are passionate about chemistry and the environment prevails.
With this Sustainability Policy, we want to make explicit our commitment to the implementation of a sustainable development model. Together with our employees, customers, shareholders, investors, suppliers, partners, governmental and regulatory entities, industry and society in general, we want to explore new opportunities, contributing to the construction of a better and greener future for all, which promotes prosperity and creates social, environmental and economic change, optimizing processes and improving the capabilities of people and organizations.
We believe that only socially responsible companies that work proactively to combat climate change and to develop inclusive, fair and diverse communities create prosperity for all stakeholders. To this end, we are committed to:
- Develop environmentally friendly biodegradable products;
- Create a "paper-free" office;
- Treat customers with professionalism, respect, and loyalty, and to provide them with excellent products and services;
- Provide customers with the information necessary to make an informed decision and ensure scrupulous compliance with the agreed conditions;
- Develop a work environment that fosters diversity and inclusion, meritocracy and equal access to personal and professional development opportunities for our people, promoting talent, well-being and work-life balance;
- Choose suppliers based on clear, impartial criteria and treat them with respect, including by honoring the commitments made to them;
- Adopt the best practices for environmental protection, including pollution prevention, through the rational use of resources, the reduction of energy consumption and associated emissions, the implementation of sustainable mobility practices, the appropriate management of waste and the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems, in order to reduce our ecological footprint;
- Developing products and services that enhance the transformation of society towards 100% renewable energies, with a positive impact on the quality of life, and that contribute to the reduction of the environmental footprint of other organizations.
On behalf of the Planet:
- Supply 100% renewable sources;
- Adopt best practices for the protection of the environment, including pollution prevention, through the rational use of resources, the reduction of energy consumption and associated emissions, the implementation of sustainable mobility practices, the appropriate management of waste and the protection of biodiversity and ecosystems, in order to reduce the ecological footprint
- Having all lighting in ChemiTek's offices, laboratories and warehouses be LED;
For a Digital Future:
- Adopt the use of notebooks, covers and other materials in recycled paper, in order to promote the use of recycled paper, cork or soy ink, which contribute to the reduction of the environmental footprint;
- When printing is required, use only recycled paper;
- Use soy ink for graphic printing issues;
- Have document support in cork and/or recycled paper;
- Have recycled paper in all media;
- Biodegradable HDPE drums - 100% recyclable;
- Biodegradable PEHD film - 100% recyclable;
- Cardboard as recyclable as possible - because the cardboard of the kraf boxes must always have a virgin percentage, otherwise it will fall apart;
- Recycled duct tape;
- Recycled & used pallets;
- Screw compressor (more efficient);
- Compressed air network leakage control;
- Develop a work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion, meritocracy and equality in access to personal and professional development opportunities for our people, promoting talent, well-being and a balance between personal and professional life;
- Ensuring that our people, suppliers, and partners carry out their activities in a healthy and safe work environment, which prevents risks, injuries and the occurrence of incidents, respecting labor law and applicable health and safety standards;
- Using hybrid or electric service vehicles in order to promote the use of cars that pollute less the environment;
- When travelling choosing the green option whenever possible (e.g. train as an alternative to plane for short distances) and tracking emissions for later compensation;
Logistics, Transportation and Suppliers:
- Choice of green option for shipments where available;
- Raw material pickup by ChemiTek if the supplier cannot guarantee a green option;
- Choosing suppliers based on clear and impartial criteria and treating them with respect, namely honoring the commitments made with them;
Management and Responsible Ethics:
- Treat customers with professionalism, respect and loyalty and provide them with excellent products and services;
- Provide customers with the information necessary for an informed decision-making and ensure scrupulous compliance with the agreed conditions;
- Inform customers about possible risks associated with the misuse of products, as well as ensuring the necessary conditions for the safe use of our products, guaranteeing availability, integrity, confidentiality and privacy;
- Ensuring that ethical and deontological principles and rules, which should guide the behavior of our people, suppliers, and business partners, are applied and complied with;